Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup

I'm always looking for good slow cooker recipes and this one on Pinterest caught my eye.  But, like many recipes I pin, it called for an ingredient that I've never used.  This time it was a sorrano pepper...I'm not sure if I've ever seen one of those.  So instead of pinning it and never making it because of the unusual ingredient (like I usually do), I made a few adjustments to the recipe and it turned out pretty good!


Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup

1/2 lb chicken breast (give or take; I used frozen chicken)
1 carton (5 cups) chicken broth
1 can Rotel (not drained)
1 can corn (drained)
1/2 tbsp. onion flake
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. chili powder


Toss it all in the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hrs or low for 8 hrs.  Remove chicken, shred with fork, and return to slow cooker.  Serve with shredded pepper jack cheese and tortilla chips.




Please excuse the poor quality of my food photography...I'll work on it for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment